Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Daredevil

Daredevil, the art in prime time to understand the dilemma
Babies crying and mothers dying and all in a day when she was older than my brother
Free exposure to pleasure but without responsibility
Never took the time for explanation in the form of simple gestures
Life lived through the mind of a man caged and now that he's out you want compassion?
Where does it stem from, the root of a man plucked from the ground only a sapling?
How do I know the difference between innuendo and the liar dressed incognito?
Paint the scene on the glass and let the light push past until retinas burn like incinerated garbage  
Systematic extinction through execution over time the truth become satire and we laugh
But I had to fight my way through the maze and mirage just to be able to set foot outside
And you laughed and pointed and told me it was unfair and that I had to believe but I want nothing of that
I am that man born blind and when asked whose sin caused the disease it was foretold that it was mine
Yet not from the past or even from the future
It was destined in eternity past that I would be brought down with the teeth and claws of the underworld
Only to be spit back up and embrace my calling as the assassin of God
Given two hands to fight with no one could have seen that the hottest fire came from my tongue
Muay thai style I used feet and elbows with falling knees to end the progression of lies that were spoken
I am not a violent man by any means but in times like these,
It's kill or be killed and judgement implies all and I mean everything
Step to me wrong or look at me wrong your face is in the pavement and I'll never be wrong
Canvas smeared like a preteen on her first cycle
Point blank the gun goes off and your life is over the line stops on the period dot
I had to be courageous just to take a look over the edge
Now I fly through night skies in dreams of realities I made up for myself
Seeing all things when I used to only see oblivion
My end and your end left to rot in the ground with worms and goblins
Take to the streets in the darkest corners of my mind and light it all on fire
Revolt and take back what is mine and claim it as ours and raise the victory banner high
Up and up we go and where we stop only the mind can know
The end of the universe the words still echo that say we are loved
But here we just rely on the spinning of this distorted orbit to feel our way through
Take the chance and redeem the plan and when it all looks good tear it down and do it again
Pleasure in the face that my perfection is keeping this city sane
Though will my bane become the fact that I can't get past the boundaries I set to keep my life in check?
I am who I am and that's all that I am but I must be who I see in the dark with closed eyes
A revolutionary on the streets with dark buildings shooting up all around
Terrorized by shooters all around in the hollows that are found from the missing pieces of childhood
It doesn't make sense but I see so clearly that there is no sense to be had
I run with a hooded cloak and bandana around my mouth through the night with Molotov gripped tight
Moral decay in exchange for the voices to be shut out, how can I survive these nights in anguish and heat?
Becoming the thing that I never thought I could see take shape
The art of murder for self preservation, becoming the Daredevil to leave the past behind
It is the end of it all and to that I sit with a smile, lean back and say goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment