Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Nothing Comes Easy

There is a way that seems right to a man
And this is mine
I saw Satan fall like lightning, landing  on the living room floor
The darkest of all things before me
Susceptible to my blows I could end it all now
But for the love of God I am restrained
How can I let this monster live?
Forcing me to bend and contort to forms I do not recognize
No one tells me how to live anymore
No one can make me bow
No one can make me kneel
Terror stricken eyes used to stare back at me
And my enemies outnumbered the stars in the sky
Yet they all feared me
I tore through them all
Child after child I sacrificed them on the alter of my ego
Growing and building it exploded in a show of hubris
That was my downfall, that was my demise
But I got up and became something that could be loved
Now I will not have it taken all away
Crimson veins turn white as the old chill returns
It is more than just a simple reminisce
Walking back to the gravestone and digging up the grave
Unveil the corpse of that old man and let me put him on again
Is this what it will take to get past this new challenger? 
I will never be undone I will never leave
Even if it means that I will stain these hands with blood again
Throw me in jail and lose the key to forgotten thoughts
Let me rot and transform into nothing but a pile of frail skin
Drop me in the abyss I don't care as long as I win
This will not be the end of me as long as I can breath
But for fucks sake let me just get one good grip around your neck
Let me make the dark disappear just this once let me make it easy
They tell me don't even utter the thoughts
Yet they don't see what I have to go through
A trek through Hell, 5 years going on eternity
Those monsters aren't so far away
That man is just one button away
Flip the switch you fucking bitch I fucking dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment